Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Campaign

I feel that I am faced with the same dilemma every time I watch a film with Will Ferrell in- is what I'm watching really funny or just plain stupid? Blades of Glory and Anchorman - funny. Elf and Old School - stupid. Yet Ferrell has done some different films from his usual genre in Stranger Than Fiction and Melinda and Melinda, that have probably been his best work. Zach Galifianakis is another actor that is hit and miss in his choice of films. So, this film was going to go one way or the other.
The Campaign stumbles along the line of good comedy and ridiculous humour. Though this is a film of constant laughs and failed attempts at humour, the storyline is an exaggerated version of modern day politics in the United States. It's not who is the best candidate, or who has the best policies, but the candidate with the most money pumped into their campaign who will come out the winner, despite their failings as a politician.
I did enjoy the film at a basic level of comedy and to get me in the mood for the up and coming US elections less than a month away, but I wouldn't say this is one to remember.


For fans of the classic Will Ferrell comedy and ridiculous humour.

Stars **

No comments:

Post a Comment